WACO, TX — Lone Wolf Resources’ corporate cousin, ARC Abatement, today announced ARC ranks seventh on Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) 2019 “Top 20 Firms in Asbestos Abatement” list. ARC had $42 million in asbestos abatement revenue in 2018, an increase of six percent over the previous year.
ARC’s 2019 ranking fell from third to seventh for the first time, and CEO Ron Daniel sees two reasons for the drop. “Two asbestos firms reported this year but not in 2018; therefore, they were not on last year’s list,” he said. “Also, six asbestos companies merged to make two, and they jumped ahead of us.”
Still, Daniel is optimistic. “I believe ARC is the final family-owned firm that is listed in the top seven asbestos companies this year,” he said.
In 2017, ARC was the recipient of the Well-Managed Business of the Year Award from the Institute for Family Business at Baylor University.
ENR first ranked ARC in 2013 at number 18. The industry influencer also ranks ARC in its “Top 200 Environmental Firms” and “Top 600 Specialty Contractor.”
Notable projects recently completed by ARC include:
- An eight-figure, 1.5-year asbestos abatement project at a retired power plant in Ohio.
- Asbestos abatement at Dallas’ 650,000 square-foot Valley View Mall while working around the functioning movie theatre.
- Asbestos abatement of Galveston County bridge while battling wind, rain and other unfavorable weather conditions all while traffic continues.
- Asbestos abatement on 40,000 square feet of floor tile and mastic in Central High School in Grand Junction, CO.
- Interior demolition at the 26,000 square foot Greenwell Springs Library in Louisiana.
In other news, ARC announced it has completed 12 million asbestos and scaffolding man hours since the company was founded in 1990. Also, the company’s Experience Modification Rate (EMR) remains under 1.0 and is currently at .83. EMR measures a company’s risk.
ABOUT ARC ABATEMENT
Founded in 1990, ARC Abatement is a leading environmental remediation company offering asbestos and lead-based paint abatement, mold remediation, and demolition services. ARC Abatement is headquartered in Waco, Texas and has regional offices throughout the United States. In 2017, Lone Wolf Resources and ARC announced a definitive equity merger agreement, and today both companies jointly provide environmental remediation services to a broad base of customers in the U.S. LWR moved its headquarters from Austin to Waco in 2018. Visit the ARC website for more information.
October 24, 2019